Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] Tank Droid

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars] Tank Droid

Postby OOM-9 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:19 am

After seeing more pics of the new tank droid soon to be released the more I had second thought about buying it. So I decided to build my own version of it using some of LEGO's design and my own. Here's the result.

I also tried to keep it looking as if this was built by LEGO hence the lack of incredible detail. The tracks move nice and smooth over the droid and I even included...flick-fire missles! XD . overall it fits in with the rest of my collection and now I have one set to cross of my wishlist. My next project is to build another one thats of my own design and more accurate to go beside this one.

Here is the rest of the gallery
OOM-9

Re: [Star Wars] Tank Droid

Postby liquidcross » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:57 am

Wow, looks great! How stable are the "eyes," though?
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby roguebantha » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 am

Well, I think yo have failed, this looks better than one Lego would have made :D
Very smooth, nice detail for the eyes and I like the slot panelling at the back.
roguebantha

Postby OOM-9 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks guys. :)

liquidcross: The eyes are pretty stable. They don't swivle or move when the tank moves.

roguebantha: Thanks, my brother said LEGO should get some tips from me. :lol: I was pleased how streamlined it came out.
OOM-9

Postby The Jedinator » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Well your brother is right. The droid looks exactly like the one lego is coming out with. Do you think you could give us a pic of it next to a clone to get a feel of how tall it is? Also is there room to fit a droid inside?
The Jedinator

Postby Old Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm

It's nice to see some new views of 'the set'. Nice work, it's challenging to build in TLG style isn't it?
Why does a droid need to go inside Jedinator? Isn't the tank droid a droid in itself?
Old Republic

Postby OOM-9 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I can't really put a droid inside considering the tank is a droid itself like Old republic mentioned. I do enjoy building in LEGO style, I even went so far as making box art for it. (unused set number used).

Image :lol:
OOM-9

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase