Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Disney] Haunted Mansion Vignettes

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Disney] Haunted Mansion Vignettes

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

I recently built three Haunted Mansion vignettes from the classic Disney attraction and I'd like to share them with you all. I tried my best for accuracy while still keeping it somewhat simple.

Madame Leota by Walter Boy, on Flickr

First up is Madame Leota.

"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat; call in the spirits, wherever they're at. Rap on a table; it's time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond. Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween: awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond; let there be music, from regions beyond! Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint, by ringing a bell!"

-Madame Leota

The Caretaker by Walter Boy, on Flickr

Second is the graveyard's caretaker and his dog.

"The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize. They're assembling for a swinging wake, and they'll be expecting me. I'll see you all a little later."

-Ghost Host

Hitchhiking Ghosts by Walter Boy, on Flickr

Third and final is everyone's favorite hitchhiking ghosts!

"Ah, there you are, and just in time! There's a little matter I forgot to mention. Beware of hitchhiking ghosts! They have selected you to fill our quota, and they'll haunt you until you return! Now I will raise the safety bar, and a ghost will follow you home!"

-Ghost Host

I've been experimenting around with effects like Pepper's Ghost to see what I could come up with, especially for the last picture, but I've run into problems like double reflection. I may still have some other pictures to add in a couple of days.

I hope you all enjoyed the vigs. I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions as well. :)
Walter Boy

Re: [Disney] Haunted Mansion Vignettes

Postby DocBlock » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Very cool.

I love the Caretaker and the stone has great details.
DocBlock

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 am

Very Cool
crazybirdman

Postby daevster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:13 am

Haha! Amazing Disney creations as always, Walter! I was seriously just thinking about doing a Madame Leota MOC the other day. Guess you beat me to it XD
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Jargon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm

You've managed to pack a lot of personality into these builds. The alternate lighting for the Caretaker vignette was particularly sublime.
Jargon

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase