Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Lord of the Rings] Helm's Deep remade.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Lord of the Rings] Helm's Deep remade.

Postby amrasnenharma » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 pm

While the Helm's Deep set was a great build and had a high piece count, cuts had been made to make the set affordable. I took the set and tried to make it more accurate.

The Rohirrim fortress of Helm's Deep.

The Hornburg sits on a 48x48 grey baseplate. The whole fortress is 144 studs long.

The original set was 2.2 pounds and the fortress is now over 18 pounds. I still have more work I'd like to to with it, but it is mostly done.

Let me know what you think, and here is the link to the rest of my LotR sets:

"Aragorn, get out of there!"
amrasnenharma

Re: [Lord of the Rings] Helm's Deep remade.

Postby uruk-hailordoflords » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm

love this. i extremely love how you beefed up the stairs and the keep. the only thing i did not like is the lion knight armor printing used on the statue. ohterwise , best version of this i have seen.
bow to the will of LOTR! urukhailordoflords
uruk-hailordoflords

Re: [Lord of the Rings] Helm's Deep remade.

Postby amrasnenharma » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks. I agree with you about the armor. It is the only light grey armor I have. So that is something I need to look for on my next bricklink order. I'm also wanting to make the tower of Helm Hammerhand a little taller.
amrasnenharma

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase