Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS 10179/3817 Millennium Dutchman with glow-in-dark + LEDs!

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

UCS 10179/3817 Millennium Dutchman with glow-in-dark + LEDs!

Postby b4p » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 am

more photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/b4p/sets/72157629971283063

My favorite part is Plankton walking the plank.
b4p

Re: UCS 10179/3817 Millennium Dutchman with glow-in-dark + L

Postby dWhisper » Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 am

If this is a MOC, it belongs in the MOC Showcase (where I've moved it).

That being said... eh. Please don't take this the wrong way, but there's not a whole lot about this that isn't just swapped and tacked on. Outside of adding the lights and and changing the color, most of what was done was just parts swap. Where you did make a change, to the top turret, you just sort of tacked on a cannon and some green.

I think there's promise in the idea, and I like seeing different things fused together. But I'd look at how you can make the changes more organic with the model, so it doesn't look so stuck on.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: UCS 10179/3817 Millennium Dutchman with glow-in-dark + L

Postby sparkart » Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 am

I just kinda skimmed over the title and saw UCS Millennium, clicked, and thought the green was depicting the Falcon in a jungle...After taking a peep at the close-ups, and getting over my initial, "What the..." I laughed out loud. It's refreshing to see someone actually playing with the toy, and having fun with it.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase