Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Anakin's Speeder- larger scale

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Anakin's Speeder- larger scale

Postby Mr.Voltron » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Well, I finally finished a project I have been working on for some time. Let me know what you think!

Profile view by Mr. Voltron, on Flickr

I am pretty happy with the results, although there are things I would do differently next time, I learned a lot by building in a larger scale than what I was normally used to. Check out the full series of shots on my flickr!

Rear left 3/4 view by Mr. Voltron, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
Mr.Voltron

Re: [SW] Anakin's Speeder- larger scale

Postby Sharpie Clone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Definitely more CUUSO-worthy than Minecraft. You should submit if for a UCS set.
Sharpie Clone

Postby Rook » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Excellent UCS! Not sure where to start!? :D
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby lowlead » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 am

Nicely done!

This must have been a fun build - a vehicle this small constructed in a scale this large really let you sink your teeth into detail! I really like the interior...it looks comfortable! The curvature on the back looks just right - great use of those slope pieces.

Not sure about the size of the front engines...maybe a bit large when compared to the official model (if there even IS a model) but who cares, it still looks great. Thanks for posting this!
lowlead

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Very nice!

Didn't Anakin steal that speeder? XD
crazybirdman

Postby Mr.Voltron » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm

lowlead wrote:Not sure about the size of the front engines...maybe a bit large when compared to the official model (if there even IS a model) but who cares, it still looks great. Thanks for posting this!

I agree with you on that one. I used the Star Wars Incredible Cross-Sections as a starting point when I was first inspired to build, but the illustration was drawn at an angle and by the time I realized I had the proportions a bit off I was too far into the build. I did shorten the engines some, but both they and the hood are still a bit long compared to the actual movie model. Thanks for the input!

Rook wrote:Excellent UCS! Not sure where to start!? :D

Thanks!
Mr.Voltron

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase