Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Imperial Inspection

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Imperial Inspection

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 pm

The limited edition Imperial Inspection set from 2005 or 6 has been one of the longest-intact sets that I own. I've given it several modifications over the years but nothing too big and I've never actually taken it apart. So, this latest version includes a custom Imperial landing pad/base and a very, very downsized version of the procession that greets the Emperor. As for the Imperial Shuttle itself, I've changed the interior completely to include a swivel chair for His Evilness and two gunner/computer stations. Nothing groundbreaking, but I'm quite proud of it. I'll add more pictures eventually.

Brickshelf Gallery (if public)
Jedd the Jedi

Re: [STAR WARS] Imperial Inspection

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:34 pm

At the risk of sounding like the whiny, egotistical kid that I am...does anyone have anything to say about this? Anything at all?
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Well, according to your description, the biggest modification you made was to the interior of the ship, and we can't see that because the brickshelf gallery isn't yet public. To be completely honest, all we can see now is one picture of the standard set with some plates added for the imperials to stand on. In the future, if you want others to comment on your MOC in one day, I recommend waiting until your gallery is public before posting, or perhaps using a site like flickr or MOCpages that doesn't require moderation. And in this case, I would have at the very least waited until your gallery was public to bump your thread. I hope this advice was helpful!
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Flynn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 pm

That's strange, when I looked at it, it was public.

So, the interior looks rather nice, did you increase the shuttle size to make the adjustments, or did you just remove the sliding platform and ended up with the room?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Galagoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 am

For me as well, the gallery is unpublic. It was unpublic last night, too (about ten hours from now) as I tried to view it for the first time.

Jedd, since you do have a Flickr account, why don't you use it instead of B-shelf? Then you could post pics on the FBTB outpost, too.
Galagoo

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 am

I'm sorry about this confusion. As for flickr, I'm not a paying member and thus am limited to the number of photos and sets I post, which bums me a little bit. For those who could see the folder (I have no idea why it's not public yet-it was when I last looked at it), thanks for the comments. I did have to expand the interior of the shuttle and though it looks the same on the outside I needed some major changes to make the chamber inside. I have some deeplinks below to avoid confusion.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jedde ... ttle_1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jedde ... terior.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jedde ... rior_1.jpg
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Puddleglum » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 pm

So the Emperor has a proper throne to sit on now, good stuff!
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby bigkid24 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 pm

That's a nice little change. Much better than him and his minions just sitting there.
bigkid24

Postby harvey_manbird » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 am

Nice!I really like the changes you made. I was just building this set last night and the whole time I was thinking "this slide-in interior sucks!" The emperor's throne looks cool, of course and it just makes for a more realistic seating situation than the official LEGO version.
DECK OFFICER: Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker.
HAN: Then I'll see you in hell!
harvey_manbird

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 am

Thanks so much guys. Yes, I was perplexed and disappointed by Lego's official Imperial Shuttle interior. I also didn't like the landing ramp was also the exhaust, so I tried to change that. The actual Shuttle is supposed to fit 20 troops, but boy would it be out of scale (not to mention I'd be out of pieces). I got the throne idea from an MOC on Brickshelf, actually, but adapted it for my purposes.
Jedd the Jedi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase