Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[podracer] Engine WIP (feedback wanted)

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[podracer] Engine WIP (feedback wanted)

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 am

Hey everyone! This is a podracer engine I'm working on. I'm looking for constructive feedback, please! I don't want to say what my theme is, but I'm trying not to use any colors, and I'm kind of going for a minimalist/streamlined look. I've discovered that it is hard to do "minimalist/streamlined" without straying into "boring" territory. The other side of the engine is not finished, but I'm planning on just having the power coupling with a small patch of greebling next to it. Photo is a link to Flickr. Thanks!

Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Re: [podracer] Engine WIP (feedback wanted)

Postby Solo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:43 am

It's a great shape, and I appreciate the intent of minimalist color schemes, but I really thing a small but potent blast of color would really improve it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Veers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 pm

The shape has a wonderful feel to it, very sleek with tiny parts jutting out here and there to give it some shape. It does need some color, perhaps a stripe of two of a very different and bright color?
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Joedward » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:38 pm

I'd like to see where you take this, it's certainly got potential.
At the moment though, all I can suggest is to make it a few bricks longer.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks for the input everyone. I've got a couple ideas for color that I'll try this weekend. As for making it longer - unfortunately, I have just enough curves to make two of what is already there. But I might try putting something between the main body and the exhaust/fin thingies on the back and see how that looks.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Dr. X » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:50 am

I agree with the others - it's awesome, but a splash of some color might do it a lot of good. Can't wait to see the finished podracer.
(Apologies to Ry for stealing his sig idea)
Dr. X

Postby Joedward » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm

~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase