Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Man Of Steel Mosaic

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Man Of Steel Mosaic

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:37 am

Christopher Reeve Superman Mosaic

Who is YOUR Superman? Was Brandon Routh's turn in Superman Returns your first movie experience or maybe you prefered Dean Cain, George Reeves or even Tom Welling based on the first television series you enjoyed. I'm sure there are more than a few that think of the voice of Tim Daly when the think of the big blue boy scout, but I like many others will judge all Supermen on the performance of Christopher Reeve. The Creative Brick Company has also created a series of mosaics including everyone's favourite little green man, Yoda. Regardless, this is my personal favourite as Reeve will always be the Man of Steel to me. My hope is that they will make the plans for these available for download in the future, at which time this will be built, framed and hung in my house faster than you can say "Up, Up and Away!".

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/31/man-of-steel-mosaic/
Staff

Re: Man Of Steel Mosaic

Postby PocasNuckie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 am

These guys are good at what they do, even if only renders.

Beeing a Mosaic builder myself (soon to start my 3rd work) I can never stop to amaze myself at this.

I am too looking forward for the day they release instructions.

Cheers
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Postby samtheq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:49 am

Maybe somebody can help me with this---
Does anybody remember a few years ago, there was a software to design Lego mosaics like this, to map out what was needed, and tell you what pieces were involved?

As I recall, Lego pulled it (maybe it was unofficial, I don't remember). Anyone remember the name of that software? It would be pretty awesome to track down a copy.

thanks,
brant
samtheq

Postby PocasNuckie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 am

Hey Sam,

I know two softwares for LEGO Mosaics :

Bricksaic

PicToBrick

From your description, I'd say your speaking of PicToBrick. I use it for my works and it rules. ;)

Cheers
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Postby TheCreativeBrickCoUk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for featuring the 'Man of Steel Lego Mosaic' from my website at http://www.thecreativebrick.co.uk

Plans for mosaics we've created (or the ability to create your own) are in the pipeline but no timescale at the moment.

The problem with releasing plans for mosaics based on images like Yoda and Superman are that I've no wish to get jumped on by copyright lawyers - so these will probably remain 'showcase' examples only I'm afraid. Also my intention would be to sell plans for a reasonable fee, perhaps $10 for the 48x48 mosaics ? - you'd save much more than that in parts as our mosaics are designed to use the largest plate sizes that fit - not just 1x1 plates).

Rob

The Creative Brick Company UK.
TheCreativeBrickCoUk

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase