Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] My 30,000 piece Home One

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Re: [Star Wars] My 30,000 piece Home One

Postby Marf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm

WOW just WOW this is incredible I havent seen anything like it.
This looks really great!
All you need know is a sound brick that says "It's a trap!" in Admiral Ackbar's awesome voice ;)
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby darth jason » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Flynn wrote:It's called sarcasm, Mr. jason. ;)

Seriously, this is spetacular. The methods to get those round shapes are extroidinary, and the whole thing is just amazing. No words can put this to justice, so I'll stop trying now.

Just fantastic...

hahahahah, Well one would like to think so but since sarcasm doesnt really translate to well on line so..I had to ask.

Assumption and I dont get along very well.

All that poop aside this build is just so amazing. I tried to put down something nice and filled with all kinds of expounding metaphor but in the end just sounded like a babbling idiot. I'm just dumbstruck by the ship. Speechless, just speechless.
darth jason

Postby ki-adi-windu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:38 pm

I died.

This is my soul posting this.
ki-adi-windu

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm still hard-pressed to believe this is humanly possible. The most I can imagine is a bunch of robots putting this beautiful behemoth together in a factory. Similarly, anyone who is not blown away by this creation is likely not human either.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Ty55 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:13 am

darth jason wrote:
SkwerlJones wrote:I don't see what is so amazing. Fox Hound just posted a picture of the Home 1. I mean, it's not even made of lego or anything. No one could be that awesome and make something that realistic and completely magnificent.

Are you joking? Did you look at the Brick shelf pictures that show it being built?

He was being saracastic. lol

but on topic, wow. Even if I had $5000+ to blow on Legos I would never have the patience to build something that huge and/or awesome. Two thumbs way up.
Ty55

Postby darth jason » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am

Thats the deal breaker for sure. Not to mention the fact I wouldnt even know where to start building something this grandiose. If i spent 5 grand on Lego my wife would divorce me. Straight up man! :lol:

I was looking at the brickshelf pictures again last night and am so amazed at the greebling around the engines and the Shield generator pods on the sides and top. The hanger is really pretty cool looking. It would be cool if it was Jam packed with ships like in the mat painting of the hanger from ROJ.(see link below)

I guess now that Ive had a chance to gather myself from the initial shock of seeing this build im feeling a little more lucid.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:HomeOne_hangar.jpg
darth jason

Postby findyourfix » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey everyone, your Home One is absolutely outstanding! If any moderators see this post, how hard would it be to see this museum-worthy masterpiece see some sponsorship by TLG or Mr. Lucas? That 8-foot Venator got tons of love, and he that was a sponsored/commissioned build, right? This Home One of Fox Hound's surely matches or exceeds the Venator from a while back, if only for the gorram clever curve work on it. Great job, Fox!
findyourfix

Postby Chief » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:05 pm

findyourfix wrote:Hey everyone, your Home One is absolutely outstanding! If any moderators see this post, how hard would it be to see this museum-worthy masterpiece see some sponsorship by TLG or Mr. Lucas? That 8-foot Venator got tons of love, and he that was a sponsored/commissioned build, right? This Home One of Fox Hound's surely matches or exceeds the Venator from a while back, if only for the gorram clever curve work on it. Great job, Fox!

I'm not sure what you mean by sponsored love. It's already paid for and built. We wrote about it on the main page.
Or are you suggesting TLG/Lucas pays for it to attend fan events? Just curious what you meant to say with your post.
Chief

Postby Joedward » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 pm

:shock:

:O

XD

Not the most ideal way to write a post, but I feel that this apptly describes how awesome I feel this is, from seeing it, to prying my eyes away from it to type several minutes later.

You god Sir, win.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby thepatient » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 pm

SkwerlJones wrote:I don't see what is so amazing. Fox Hound just posted a picture of the Home 1. I mean, it's not even made of lego or anything. No one could be that awesome and make something that realistic and completely magnificent

This is an incredible build. The first glance that I got from this was it was a production shot, and not built from LEGO. This has got to be one of those builds that is just spot on. When you can't tell the difference from a production shot and this model, it just screams, "This guy has talent!"
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Darth Pityles » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Holy ship!

Now build another one, name it the Liberty, and blow it up with a green laser.
For some reason, I always have a bad feeling about things.

It's Lego, not "legos"!

Nietzsche was obviously an alien.
Darth Pityles

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Joedward wrote:You god Sir, win.

Normally, I would assume this is a typo, but "God Sir" does seem to be a fitting title after creating this beauty. I've been looking for a good Home One for a long time, but nothing I've seen so far comes even anywhere near this. So how 'bout it, mods, what say you get out your magic title-machines and get cracking? I'd say he's earned it.

As for you, good God Sir, you do indeed Win.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby onions » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 pm

the thing that really took this piece over the top was the lighting. the entire thing is just humbling. like staring at the most beautiful woman in the world, just humbling.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:11 am

Like Ace pointed out, the amazing thing about this piece of art (because that's what it is) is that not only is it incredible by its sheer size and the number of pieces used, but also by its incredible details.

Truly, this is an amazing piece of art, and a great building achievement for Foz Hound IMHO.
Daz Hoo

Postby findyourfix » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:50 am

Chief, that is exactly the kind of idea I was talking about. If TLG, and/or Mr. Lucas (Sansweet?) could help get this monster on the road, perhaps there would be some kind way to help Fox Hound recoup some of the cash expended building it. I'm usually the kind of guy to say "if you wanna play, you gotta pay", but this Home One stands out singularly in both the Lego world and Star Wars. I know its probably wishful thinking, but there it is. Fox, if you look hard enough through your screen, I'm still looking at it slack jawed...
findyourfix

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:38 pm

like staring at the most beautiful woman in the world

Only you, Ace, would compare this to a women. ;)

And again, sarcasm free, really breathtaking model, Fox.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby darth jason » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:55 pm

findyourfix wrote:Chief, that is exactly the kind of idea I was talking about. If TLG, and/or Mr. Lucas (Sansweet?) could help get this monster on the road, perhaps there would be some kind way to help Fox Hound recoup some of the cash expended building it. I'm usually the kind of guy to say "if you wanna play, you gotta pay", but this Home One stands out singularly in both the Lego world and Star Wars. I know its probably wishful thinking, but there it is. Fox, if you look hard enough through your screen, I'm still looking at it slack jawed...

I agree this is definatly a museum piece. It belongs on display in some place of distinction because it is truly breathtaking. Like the lobby at ILM or something equivilent.
darth jason

Postby Fox Hound » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments and praise and for posting this on the front page, It really helps relieve the migraines I continue to suffer as a result of building this ship. :)

I'm thinking of making videos of the ship and recreating some shots from ROTJ like when the falcon was traversing the length of the ship. I'll post the youtube link when I'm done.

Thanks again! - TB
Fox Hound

Postby shoggoth666 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:26 am

:shock: I just pooped my pants...twice.
shoggoth666

Postby liquidcross » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 am

Congrats on making it to the Official Star Wars Blog! (and Gizmodo, too...)
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Previous

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase