Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Smaug The Golden

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Smaug The Golden

Postby Staff » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Smaug-the-Golden

It begins. With the looming release of Hobbit themed LEGO sets, I expect to see many fantastic creations pop up between now and next year's release and this is a good place to start. Fat Tony 1138 started re-reading the Hobbit and got inspired to build another Smaug and has plans to finish the dragon though I think the presentation of what he's already finished is great the way it is. The look on Smaug's face as he lays atop his lonely treasure captures the creature perfectly in a neat little package.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/30/smaug-the-golden/
Staff

Re: Smaug The Golden

Postby mikado » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 am

beautifully done captures a dragon and his hoard nicely
mikado

Postby Fat Tony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:05 pm

Wow! That was very cool to see on the front page! Thanks so much!
Fat Tony

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:52 am

Nicely done. I read the Hobbit twice when I was much younger, and can't remember: was it ever explained exactly why a Dragon should desire gold, and what it would or even could do with a treasure hoard?? It's not like it can use it to buy anything, such as all the real estate in Minas Tirith. :lol:
Blacknight

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Blacknight wrote:Nicely done. I read the Hobbit twice when I was much younger, and can't remember: was it ever explained exactly why a Dragon should desire gold, and what it would or even could do with a treasure hoard?? It's not like it can use it to buy anything, such as all the real estate in Minas Tirith. :lol:

He took it because people valued it so much. Smaug was just plain evil.
StoutFiles

Postby lowlead » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Excellent!

Ya, I'll be reading The Hobbit again very soon. This is a great rendition of Smaug - love his treasure hoard as well. Looking forward to the rest!
lowlead

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase