Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Batman/Batmobile] Knight Train (a.k.a. The Door Crasher)

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Batman/Batmobile] Knight Train (a.k.a. The Door Crasher)

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

The Knight Train (a.k.a. The Door Crasher) is a heavy duty Batmobile used when the Dark Knight needs more muscle than his usual rides feature. Ablative armour covers most of the outer shell, virtually freeze-proof and heat resistant to over 4000 degrees. The exposed engine compartment allows venting of the extreme heat created by the power plant within.

Even though the Knight Train was designed to be a blunt instrument, able to flip or smash almost any vehicle out of the way and drive through multiple reinforced walls it was created as a tool not a weapon. Armed with a plethora of non-lethal weaponry including a gattling launcher capable of delivering sting, flash/bang, sonic de-stablizer, gas and other grenades.

Like all of Batman's vehicles, it's lead lined and is meant to serve as a mobile command center in addition to a rolling extension of his utility belt.

I had originally wanted to build a Green Lantern Mobile, but when inspiration hit I started to veer off course and decided on a composite Bat/Lantern Mobile. The more I built, the more it became about the black and wanting to create something different while infusing it with mix of retro roadster, locomotive and a pinch of Mater for attitude. I think I'll finish Knight Train's Cars-ification if I can keep my son from completely destroying it in the next day or so.
buriedbybricks

Re: [Batman/Batmobile] Knight Train (a.k.a. The Door Crasher

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 am

were is the cockpit on this beast?
volumex

Re: [Batman/Batmobile] Knight Train (a.k.a. The Door Crasher

Postby INOJ247 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Dude, that engine is so epic! I love it. I think it fits the character for more than the batmobiles we got in the Schumacher flics!
INOJ247

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase