Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SPACE/CONTEST] "Wendol" Fighter

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SPACE/CONTEST] "Wendol" Fighter

Postby Olog » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 am

ImageImage

Backstory:
The "HM-Volken" was the main fighter of the Eurasian Empire. Decorated in the traditional green and white colors of the EE army, it was instantly recognizable and feared both in space and atmospheric attacks. Countless numbers were shipped to the outer colonies to fight back the sudden Sumat attacks. Sometimes lightly defended, a few convoys transporting "Volken"s were hijacked by pirates. At the hands of their cyber-engineers, the highly modified fighters were given among other tweaks, increased firepower, extra maneuvering fins and a modified cockpit, which has been moved back for added protection. The sleek yet strong front was reinforced to ram through obstacles or even enemy targets. A monstrous sight, the newly created "Wendol" would surpass the original.

Flickr Page
Gallery: Brickshelf

Thanks,
Olog

Re: [SPACE/CONTEST] "Wendol" Fighter

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 am

Amazing, as always. The angles and colours and details never fail to amaze me, I just love the red detailing on the fins. Also, well doen for integrating the giant aquashark cockpit/nose piece, you made it look good. Great stuff!
Jake

Postby Galagoo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 pm

The design is extremely cool (very pirateish for some reason, too) and the colour scheme good-looking, but the integrating of less-used bricks is indeed great. Not just the Aquashark cockpit, but also that Insectoid battery thingie and the trash bins in the engines.

I have to admit, though, that it's the connections between the engines and the fins that appeals me the most. It's just plain cool.
Galagoo

Postby onions » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 am

i'm gonna have to disagree about the rods used to connect the fins to the engines. i think it sort of detracts from the overall appealing shape of the craft as a whole.

otherwise, i think it's a great design; i especially love the placement of the cockpit.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase