Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] mini republic invasion

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars] mini republic invasion

Postby Blackninjatom » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 am

Well I did enough rambling on the other page so I will keep this short...ish. This is my first diorama, and it is way over due, but I am fairly happy with the result. Also I have new spider droids down toward the bottom of the page. :D
pic is a link to the mocpage.
Blackninjatom

Re: [Star Wars] mini republic invasion

Postby Artizan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm

this is a great work, almost all of the models are very well designed, the bunker in flames is a very nice touch too.
however, landscape looks as if it needs to be worked on more, also what's with the giant battle droids running like dogs?

edit: i noticed the mini speeder bike and fell in love with it XD
Artizan

Postby Blackninjatom » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 pm

This is my first diorama, so I definitely will have to work on that in the future. They aren't "droids" they're Diords (droid spelled backwards), just wanted to add some wildlife, and thought that could be a random pare of "droids" gracefully leaping across a pathetic creek amidst the conflict... or something like that. I will see what I can do about scenery in the future.
Blackninjatom

Postby roguebantha » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Nice work. I like those tiny spider droids and the bunker is pretty funky. A bit more geological relief would make it even better.
roguebantha

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:24 am

Pretty cool, although there needs to be more landscaping, it's a bit flat as-is. Maybe embellish the bunker too, add perimeter walls further out and so on. Looks good though.
Jake

Postby Blackninjatom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:02 pm

I will do my homework, actually it all is ;) , and hopefully come back with something better.
Blackninjatom

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:50 am

I like it, it's in an effective scale, is visually arressting and employs various nifty building solutions. However, the landscape needs a lot more work. Were this a drawing, it would be a very rough sketch. The individual components need to be more integrated into the landscape and I know you're trying to convey several different environments, but it might work out better were it more even.
Jedd the Jedi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase