Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[starwars]laat/s dropship

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[starwars]laat/s dropship

Postby wrecks » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:31 pm

i was trying to get the images to show up on here and after half hour i gave up :x so here it is on mocpages (got it to work there) so if im not aloud to have just a link then im sorry. but theres the link down there

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/104015
wrecks

Re: [starwars]laat/s dropship

Postby Galagoo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:42 am

The concept is neat - smaller dropships would definitely be more practical in urban combat - and I like the overall design. It's nifty. The idea of folding turrets is wicked, too.

However, there's always room for improvements. While the overall build isn't bad-looking - though it's quite blocky - I think added greebles, under the wings for instance, would look good.
Secondly, the vessel looks quite fragile and small for being a dropship. Therefore, I believe you could bulk the thing up, mainly by making the main body larger and thicker. Adding more engines or making them even larger might do the trick, too.

Nice clone walker mod, by the way. It's looking pretty cool.
Galagoo

Postby wrecks » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 am

thanks for the feedback on my "nifty" dropship :lol: . i think adding peices under the wing is a good idea, but thickining up the body.. i think it would be to tall if i put more on top, and would get in the way of things loading of i put them on the bottom. ill probly post some picks of my walker sepretly when i get back from my vaction, laving today XD
wrecks

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 am

Fun concept, but there are some improvements that can be made. Firstly, kill the front guns. With fire. SW blasters don't work there at all... Also, the whiet walls on the side of the cockpit can go, or at least be smoothed downwards to get rid of the jarring clash. Finally, sort the engines out on top of the wings, they just seem too bulky. All in all, the design is nice though.
Jake

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

I agree with the previous two posters about the concept : it's cool and imaginative IMHO, and surely something you might see in the SW universe.

I also agree with both of them when they say that the design could be improved. The front guns and the cockpit area are the parts that I think need the most work, and the engines could be made less blocky. On the otherhand, the colors are well chosen and well placed, the wings are great and I like the detailing on the top of the craft. I also like how you made all these different cargo loads for it, making it very versatile.

In short, you have a very good idea there, it just needs a little more work and fin tuning to be a great MOC.
Daz Hoo

Postby wrecks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:04 am

i have limitted amount of white peices and barely and dark red :( so i cant realy change the cocpit and walls. im not quite sure what you ment by the guns being rong for starwars.. i have added some greebles under the wing and it looks okay
wrecks

Postby Galagoo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 pm

wrecks wrote:im not quite sure what you ment by the guns being rong for starwars..

Well, I can't speak for Daz, but I'd say it's because they're rather large yet of quite simple design and the white bricks don't really fit. Grey ones might, but the design would still be sleek and relatively dull.

I'd recommend trying making some brick-built turrets. You can use virtually any bricks you got to build them, but rods and technic pins are always handy.
Galagoo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase