anders.wiik wrote:So... I am working on some customizations with led-lights with a friend of mine who is an expert. Other than that I want to mount it on the wall as is. Can you give me some tips as to spacing of the L-brackets and where those L-brackets should be positioned on the chassis of the un-modified version? And other tips on how to make the mount as good as possible
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on completing your UCS MF - that's quite an accomplishment! Would love to see pics once you finish all your customizations and lighting.
Regarding the L-brackets spacing - here are a few suggestions:
1) Remove the lower gun placement cover - this will uncover the super-structure of the MF. You need the L-brackets to support this area, and for the brick stand to attach here. You won't be able to place the MF directly onto the TV mount
2) Build the brick stand portion first (mine was black).
3) Buy L-brackets long enough to reach into and support super-structure of MF
4) Space L-brackets to support super-structure of MF - based on brick stand
5) Have the MF sit directly on top of the brick stand, and attach using technic lift arms and pins for additional support.
Hope this helps!