Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Legacy Millennium Falcon . . . or is it? Hmmm.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Re: MOC Legacy Millennium Falcon . . . or is it? Hmmm.

Postby etcknight » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:49 pm

anders.wiik wrote:So... I am working on some customizations with led-lights with a friend of mine who is an expert. Other than that I want to mount it on the wall as is. Can you give me some tips as to spacing of the L-brackets and where those L-brackets should be positioned on the chassis of the un-modified version? And other tips on how to make the mount as good as possible :D

Thanks in advance!
Anders

Hi Anders,

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on completing your UCS MF - that's quite an accomplishment! Would love to see pics once you finish all your customizations and lighting.

Regarding the L-brackets spacing - here are a few suggestions:
1) Remove the lower gun placement cover - this will uncover the super-structure of the MF. You need the L-brackets to support this area, and for the brick stand to attach here. You won't be able to place the MF directly onto the TV mount
2) Build the brick stand portion first (mine was black).
3) Buy L-brackets long enough to reach into and support super-structure of MF
4) Space L-brackets to support super-structure of MF - based on brick stand
5) Have the MF sit directly on top of the brick stand, and attach using technic lift arms and pins for additional support.

Hope this helps! :cool:
etcknight

Postby anders.wiik » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey again!

Thanks for your tips! Finally done with the wall mount and the led-lighting. Pretty satisfied now XD

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153922873310241.1073741828.864495240&type=1&l=4a6f8f9db8

Are you able to view these images?
anders.wiik

Postby etcknight » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 am

anders.wiik wrote:Hey again!

Thanks for your tips! Finally done with the wall mount and the led-lighting. Pretty satisfied now XD

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153922873310241.1073741828.864495240&type=1&l=4a6f8f9db8

Are you able to view these images?

Wow! That is pretty sweet! :shock: I love how super bright the LEDs are. The mount looks like it worked out perfectly! What sort of lighting kit and power source did you use? My problem with the Hasbro MF lights is that they're not very bright. But I really wanted to have all the sounds and light sequences, so that was the only way in my case. Maybe some day I'll revisit the idea of putting in some extra and/or brighter lights like your's. :D
etcknight

Postby anders.wiik » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

I bought led from dx.com and this store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi ... o_detail_a

I'm using 8 AAA batteries for power, but it's not good enough, doesn't last long :p so I 'm thinking of getting a cable instead...
anders.wiik

Postby markus1984 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 am

WOW :shock:
That's what I call a proper presentation!
I think must do the same with my Falcon - looks great!

But, still hold it today?

markus
markus1984

Postby etcknight » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm

markus1984 wrote:WOW :shock:
That's what I call a proper presentation!
I think must do the same with my Falcon - looks great!

But, still hold it today?

markus

Yes, still up on the wall today 3 years later. XD

No problems with durability or pieces falling off. Still have the lounge / computer console area on my bucket list of "to do's."
etcknight

Previous

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase