Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] AT-CR (8014 Clone Walker MOD)

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars] AT-CR (8014 Clone Walker MOD)

Postby Walter Kovacs » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:22 am

In the early days of the Clone Wars, the Republic suffered several devastating losses in ground battles. One of the droid army's favorite tactics was to jam communications so that the individual units couldn't coordinate their movements. The larger vehicles, with their powerful comm arrays, were unaffected, but the ground troops were hit hard.

The Republic responded swiftly, rushing the All Terrain Communications Relay (AT-CR) into service. This small, one man walker was sent into ground battles behind the front lines, boosting the communications signals, and allowing the Clone Armies to maintain the chain of command.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/walte ... t-cr_1.jpg

Lightly armed and armored, the AT-CR was never meant to be used in heavy fighting. It was, however, agile enough to evade fire and postion itself optimally on the battlefield. It could use it's one laser and two missiles to defend itself in a pinch.

Some other views:

The true reason I made this MOD is simple. I've been buying Battle Packs to fill boht of my RGSs, my AT-TE, and hopefully my AT-OT and old AT-TE, should I ever get one. That left a lot of empty Walkers. So I made them a one man vehicle, and have started buying a couple of extras to make sure I have enough clones to pilot them.

The MOD is pretty simple, requiring only 9 pieces off of BL. Total cost is around $1.00, not including shipping, per Walker.

Feedback is always welcome.
UCS TIE Project: 10 down, 35 to go!

My Brickshelf Page
Walter Kovacs

Re: [Star Wars] AT-CR (8014 Clone Walker MOD)

Postby Galagoo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Not a bad idea, actually. The greebling looks pretty good for being so cheap, although I'd replace the bright red brick with some more neutral colour, like grey.

The backstory is interesting, too.
However, to my eyes, the walker looks more like a some long-range reconnaissance assault walker. All Terrain Guerilla Transport (AT-GT), perhaps?
Galagoo

Postby Walter Kovacs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 am

Thanks for the compliment, Galagoo.

I used red for the lever instead of grey because I was trying to infuse a little color, give it a little contrast. I had thought about calling it a forward recon walker, but isn't that what the AT-RT (All Terrain Recon Transport) was for? I didn't want to duplicate job duties, instead going for a unique (albeit fabricated) niche.
UCS TIE Project: 10 down, 35 to go!

My Brickshelf Page
Walter Kovacs

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 am

Pretty cool, nice job on the greebling. However, the legs need more detailing, they're too bland.
Jake

Postby Clonecommando007 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Errr...I'm counting 6(?) added pieces, and no considerable mods but antennas and the like. The idea is good however, it's just that, this is not really changed much at all from the original $10 walker, just with a few added greebles. Keep working on it, and you might come out with something really nice!
Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild - http://www.TheCABG.net
Clonecommando007

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase