Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] 7675 Venator Alternate

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars] 7675 Venator Alternate

Postby CommanoSev » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I recently took apart my AT-TE and wanted to do something with the pieces, so I came up with this. Enjoy!
First an overal shot of the ship:(notice the professional background ;) )
Here is a pic of the thrusters that move this thing across the galaxy!
A profile view of the ship(note the stand actually rotates!)

Well any questions/comments/donations? :tongue: :D
CommanoSev

Re: [Star Wars] 7675 Venator Alternate

Postby 0ceanstripe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow :shock: , that looks amazing, especialy it being made out of an AT-TE.
Although the thrusters look a bit silly with those blue peices.
0ceanstripe

Postby CommanoSev » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Yeah I know it does, but there weren't any other pieces that looked like thrusters so I had to use them.
CommanoSev

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 am

It's not quite a Venator, but it's still a neat design given the fairly limited parts. I don't like the wing design though, the gap looks messy. In general it's a good build, the shaping of the front and greebling is nice, but as has already been said, the engines look daft.
Jake

Postby huck to flat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm

it's ok, sorrry bub with this one i can only point out negatives,
bridges, wayyyy to thin and tall
wing's, messy
front, well the front is slim and yours is wayy to chubby for it's lenght , it's like a 7 yr old that weighs 90kgs, WEIRD.
"show me how to lie, im getting better all the time..."
huck to flat

Postby CommanoSev » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Woo I'm digging all the positive comments :roll:

But seriously can't you guys cut my some slack? I had a limited parts selection and I think I did the best I could with it. But oh well...
CommanoSev

Postby Turkguy19 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 pm

There was only a single really negative comment (out of 3 mind you). If you don't want the possibility of a negative response, don't post. Not every MOC you create people are gonna absolutely love, and with an attitude like you just showed, it's lucky you will get anymore comments that are even good.
Turkguy19

Postby dark flemish » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:08 am

Can you make, for all of us, a (how-to) construction document?

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
dark flemish

Postby Teekay » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:01 am

This is cool. I like how it is just made of an AT-TE.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Turkguy19 wrote:There was only a single really negative comment (out of 3 mind you). If you don't want the possibility of a negative response, don't post. Not every MOC you create people are gonna absolutely love, and with an attitude like you just showed, it's lucky you will get anymore comments that are even good.

Not true, huck's comments were excessively negative considering Sev built this with a limited pool of parts. I'm sure Sev is not opposed to feedback and critiques, but sheer criticism without any constructive feedback is never welcome. . . so in that case, thanks for your "contribution" here, Turkguy :roll:

Anyway, Sev, I digs. Yes, the engines look a little silly with the blue, but it's always cool to see someone put together an alternative model with an official set! My only critique would be that I think the wings may be a bit far forward. . . I'm sure there are more pieces yet at your disposal from the AT-TE, any way you can set them back just a couple of studs?

*NOTE: My "critique" was devoid of any negative language and included a suggestion for improvement. Anything outside of this framework is merely criticism or slander and is a waste of forum space. . . let's try to work together here, help out your fellow LEGO brethren!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Cali » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 pm

I believe that Turk was referring to Huck's response. And this is the internet. Expect that some people are going to say some negative things. And having somebody give negative feedback actually makes the individual try to do better so they don't get that again.

Anyways, Not bad CS, but, like a some have said already, the blue pieces on the back kill the look. And the grey wing parts don't really seem to fit in with the whole flow of the ship. It is very well done in most aspects though. Kandossi, 'vode.
Cali

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:13 pm

MrCRskater wrote:
Turkguy19 wrote:There was only a single really negative comment (out of 3 mind you). If you don't want the possibility of a negative response, don't post. Not every MOC you create people are gonna absolutely love, and with an attitude like you just showed, it's lucky you will get anymore comments that are even good.

Not true, huck's comments were excessively negative considering Sev built this with a limited pool of parts. I'm sure Sev is not opposed to feedback and critiques, but sheer criticism without any constructive feedback is never welcome. . . so in that case, thanks for your "contribution" here, Turkguy :roll:

Sigh....Huck's was the ONLY really negative comment, and, if you actually read my post, you would have read that I stated that only a single comment was really negative. Sev basically stated that NONE of the comments were "good", which, is a blatant lie. Jake gave great feedback, though, he didn't say he loved it. Stripe said he loved it. So, out of 3 comments, only one was completely negative, not warranting Sev's response. So, please, if you are gonna comment on something of mine, know what you are talking about. Thanks.
Turkguy19

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 pm

A little reality check folks: you can't control what others are going to think. I know, it sucks, but you've got to learn to deal with it. Huck doesn't like it, and he said so in as constructive a manner as he seems capable of. When you're building with a handicap like limited parts or a single set, sometimes you don't end up with as clean a model as you wanted. And when you post it online you need to be prepared for people to call you on it. Not everyone is that good at excusing flaws and enjoying a build for what it is.

Furthermore, Turk didn't need to step in and point this out because he's not a Mod, and MrCRskater didn't need to toss in a rebuttal - further baiting Turks need to argue with people. Leave this thread if you're not talking about the MOC. And this doesn't mean jab at another member then talk about the MOC a bit at the end of said post, you're not going to fool anyone and I haven't suspended any accounts lately and I welcome the chance.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Legostein » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Hello there!

What really counts here, is the idea! And the effort you made to realize a Venator from this set. You build a great alternate model here, and I don't mind if it's not one hundred percent accurate here. Probably one of the best alternate model ideas I have seen in a while. :)

And yes, I miss the days where there were still proper alternate building models on the back sides of the boxes. Hence I like this model. :)

Greetings,

~ Chris
Legostein

Postby SkwerlJones » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm going to give this model a thumbs up. :p

First things first, he/she built this model with pieces from only the AT-TE. I have tried to build alternate models before, and it is much easier said than done. Whenever you need just one more part to finish the model you realize you can't find it and have to find another way to build it. Now onto the creation. I don't know why anyone would complain about it. For the limited piece selection he/she managed to incorporate many of the signatures of the Venator. You have the general shape, the large bridge, array of engines, cannons near the bridge, lasers on the side, and the Republic insignia (sort of ;)).

My only constructive criticism how the wings are made. If you could get rid of the gap and put the plate directly on the trinagular piece, the model would look much better.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby huck to flat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:14 pm

yeah well ok, seeing as your all kinda debating this, i'll giveyou the conrtuctive critisim without the "die die DIE" attitude i had last time.

for the limited number of parts it's good, however, i recon take he big slopey bit's off, and youknow the bit's on the "second" wing you have that are crimson and go across? theyre supposed to go the other direction, they go longways
"show me how to lie, im getting better all the time..."
huck to flat

Postby CommanoSev » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Wow I'm gone for a few days and this happens. Anyways I sincerely appologize for being so negative earlier(this is my first MOC that I posted, so I'm new to the criticism aspect)
That put aside I thank you all for the positive comments, and the constructive criticism(I took that into play when I built my version two which I will hopefully post soon).
Lastly, I'd like to apologize to those that I offended and thank those that posted in order to improve my model.
CommanoSev

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:21 pm

huck to flat wrote:i recon take he big slopey bit's off, and youknow the bit's on the "second" wing you have that are crimson and go across? theyre supposed to go the other direction, they go longways

Huck, dude, I'm French Canadian! Please help me out here and try to post in a way that I too can understand what you mean. Seriously, that sentence right there is awfull...

CommanoSev, I too think this is one of the best alternate model I've seen for a while. Creating alternate models isn't an easy task to start with, so when someone is able to create a recognizable Star Wars model out of the pieces of another one, that should be held in high regards.

Kudos on that alternate model!
Daz Hoo

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:10 am

I love building alternates and I think you've managed a good likeness to the Venator. However, I just can't get over that you actually took apart your AT-TE! Considering how limited you were in terms of parts, good work.
Jedd the Jedi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase