Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Frogspace] Combat mecha *V3 now in*

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Frogspace] Combat mecha *V3 now in*

Postby Veers » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Last edited by Veers on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Re: [Frogspace] Combat mecha

Postby Galagoo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Wicked. I like the design, neatly detailed and greebled. The hips look particularly good, nice job using the helmets.
I might comment on the open cockpit, but with this scale there's pretty much nothing you can do about it without impairing the look. ;)

The shoulders look somewhat unfinished, though, with the holes and all that. How would it work if you stuck some grey minifig hands in the holes? Might give the shoulders a nifty spikey look.
You could also add some dark grey or silver highlights by replacing a few light grey parts; now, as the mech is mostly light grey but has a few differen't coloured points, like the other hip, it might look somewhat better if given a more solid colour scheme with highlights of other shades of grey. Might not, too..

And by the way, one more thing. I would also suggest replacing the grey robot hand in the gun with a black one or a black minifig hand. That'd make the rifle look more uniform and solid.
Galagoo

Postby Veers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:04 am

I'll see what I can do about those color scheme. As for the shoulders, I don't think spikey would work with this one. The rest of him is completely flat and smooth. I'll have to find something besides minifig hands. And I can fix the gun up for you.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Jake » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 am

Hehe, nice. The first thing that sprung to mind, not the mech, was the gun. The robot claw on that needs to be black. On to the mech, I really like the hip joints, good use of the helmet pieces. The big gun thingy of froggie's back looks a mess, however, you need to make it look more solid. Also, for the shoulderpads, can you fit an upside down cheese slope on the end, instead of a 1x1 plate?
Jake

Postby Veers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Thanks Jake!
Anywho, I've got me some updates.

And with it's rifle

rear

Tell me anything else you'd like to see for the next update!
Veers

Re: [Frogspace] Combat mecha *V3 now in*

Postby Veers » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Guys? Anyone have any thoughts on this new version at all?
Veers

Postby Galagoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:17 am

Hmm, this really shows you should reply as you read the new posts for the first time: otherwise you forget to do it altogether. :p

As for the mecha, I like the weaponry improvements. Now they look sturdier and more powerful.
The new shape of the shoulder pads is good, too, although I'm still not a fan of the upside-down bricks. There's little that can be done with them to smoothen them up, but if you happen to come up with something..
As to the colouring, I'd say you could replace the red 1x1 bricks in the legs with grey ones, provided that you have them; the red just looks lonely. Square bricks be preferable to round ones, for that'd make the legs more solid. The shoulder pads look somewhat odd in terms of colour, too, as the dark grey cheese slopes stand out from the light grey. If, however, you could make the pads entirely dark grey, I think it would look pretty cool.
Galagoo

Postby Veers » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:36 am

Whoops, sorry about that Galagoo!
I'll try to integrate more bley, so the parts that are bley don't look so lonely. And as for the red circles, I don't know if I have any grey square studs left, but I'll certainly try to find some. Perhaps if more bley is put in, the shoulders won't look so odd.
Veers

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase