Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

RC Clone Turbo Tank By Max Yang

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

RC Clone Turbo Tank By Max Yang

Postby Staff » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Max Yang over at MocPages built this remote-control Clone Turbo Tank with working lights even. If you can sit through this 13 minute video, it'll show some of the features and functions of the tank.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I would have expected a CTT to move a lot faster than that, given it has the word "Turbo" in the name.

via The Brothers Brick
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/01/05/rc-clone-turbo-tank-by-max-yang/
Staff

Re: RC Clone Turbo Tank By Max Yang

Postby SlickP » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Very Impressive!
SlickP

Postby Brickshipyard » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow!!! I really enjoyed watching your demonstration video :D. So many cool features that even that long of a video may not have been enough heh. Well I really liked the work put into the missile firing system and the fact that you made it retractable makes it even more badtail. Really clutch little gear system that does two functions off of one motor, that's brilliant! Also the troop bay, medical bay, and cockpit have great playability and you lit em up! :p

So maybe when lego comes out with a "turbo" motor you will drop one of those suckers in this guy and make him really zoom around haha, but I understand you are limited by the power of those motors and the weight of this (up to 10 lbs?). Still, doesn't take away from the fact you made it drivable. Congrats.

There is so much inside to see I think you would benefit by showing a schematic with the panels stripped so we can see the different floors and sections, etc all at once.

Thanks for sharing!
Brickshipyard

Postby Robzula » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 pm

I like the way you didn't just do one of those typical "hold the camera in one shaky hand and demonstrate the features with the other while giving monotone commentary" things and instead made it fun. Sure, the quality wasn't great and some of the demos went on too long, but it was still enjoyable. Also, I think it goes without saying just how amazing this thing is, especially the way you added the little barrels that shoot out rather than just having the cannons flash when they "fire."
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars