Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[brickfilm] A little late for the zombies...

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[brickfilm] A little late for the zombies...

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm

... but here is Pointless Adventure 3: Zombie Apocalypse

LINK

I'm not sure what to say about this. It was fairly close to my original intention, but I shared the reins in this video a bit more that I probably should have. I had little to no control over the editing and dialogue (except my own.) The addition of sirens and camera rumbling was against my will, and the dialogue of the characters in the helicopter was totally different from what I intended. I animated the video first, then helped with a bit of editing and sound effects, then the other people involved threw in their contributions and today posted it online without my final approval. It's still a weird situation, and after this, I'll be controlling more of my animation projects while allowing some voice work to be done by other people. When I put others in charge of key aspects of the video, it doesn't live up to my expectations, and I'm not really proud of all of it. It has its moments, and I's love to hear what you guys think of it.

This will probably be the last Pointless Adventure video, as I have had a falling out with one of the lead voices of the series, and even when the relationship recovers, I doubt he will want to be involved with it much anymore. I have other unrelated stories I want to tell, so my brickfilms will be going in different directions storywise. So for the three of you who like my videos, that's what the abridged story is. I hope you enjoy it.

-Rick
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Re: [brickfilm] A little late for the zombies...

Postby Iare Tosevite » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't know what was being spoken and all but I like it. :D

Good video. :D
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Striker » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Wow that was great! Was that a cloverfield reference at the end?
Striker

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:34 pm

I lol'd. Several times. Great zombie animation and noises. :lol:
Jake

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

It was a bit of a Cloverfield reference. With a little Jurassic Park thrown in. ;)

A HIGH QUALITY version of Pointless Adventure 1 is also now online. Thanks.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby JPCJedi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 pm

GIR3691 wrote:This will probably be the last Pointless Adventure video, as I have had a falling out with one of the lead voices of the series, and even when the relationship recovers, I doubt he will want to be involved with it much anymore.
Gee, got to love the drama. Sorry to hear that. These videos have been hilarious.

Really, there's a lot of nuggets of humor in this video. I mean, the zombies eating people is just wrong, but it's funny when it's LEGOs. And then the guy with the face screams all the time. And "Why is your house filled with weapons?" :D I love how these things never have to really make sense.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase