Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Atgar P-Tower or Hoth "Dish Turret"

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Atgar P-Tower or Hoth "Dish Turret"

Postby Jon Vanneste » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Like many people I was unhappy that there has never been a good dish turret. So I resolved to make my own. This was my first MOC and the first thing I uploaded to MOCpages.com. I looked at others and noticed that many of them couldn't hold up the dish. They had back support! So I decided I'd make mine so that it was:
A) Structurally accurate and
B) Could be played with, but could also be used in a Battle of Hoth diorama and
C) And was economic and logical (not everyone has 20 black cheese slopes) so I could make a few, and so could anyone who didn't have a ton of pieces lying around. It's 31 pieces, plus a Hoth rebel. The pictures don't have a Hoth rebel because I don't have a Hoth Rebel.

Please comment on it! If you build it using the instructions it links to, feel free to use it in any dioramas or whatnot, as long as you give me credit.

Weirdly, the instructions have more views than the actual turret :'(

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/93338
Imperial troops have entered the forums! Imperial troops have entered the f-KSSHHHH.
Jon Vanneste

Re: [SW] Atgar P-Tower or Hoth "Dish Turret"

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Pretty cool, it looks fairly accurate but is it meant to be black? I'd also reccomend lowerering the control panel a bit. instead of mounting it on a hinge, remove that bit, put 2 minifig neck brackets on the slope piece, and then you can mount the tile on those. Other than that, it's good.
Jake

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase