Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Millennium Falcon

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Millennium Falcon

Postby AdmiralGrievous » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Everybody!
I've just finished to mod my Falcon... XD

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/101097
(MOC link to the Falcon)

What do you think?
;)
AdmiralGrievous's LEGO STAR WARS web site
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/15554
"Who am I? I am the future!" - General Grievous
"Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit!"-Seneca
AdmiralGrievous

Re: [SW] Millennium Falcon

Postby onions » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:03 pm

the interior looks pretty nice.

i don't like the exterior greebling on the two mandibles? prongs? the wedgey thingies in the front.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby BigBenKenobi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Wow...good job with the upgrades. You probably spent a decent amount of time adding them, and it looks really good. The only thing is that the interior looks a little cluttered, but other than my OCD, everything looks great ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Woo another Flail Falcon :D I'm with Ace though about the mandible greebling, it looks a bit off.
Firespray

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 am

There have been so many Falcon mods floating around, but I really like this one. I'm one of those guys who spent hours staring at the 4509 official Falcon saying "I can't do anything to this". But you did, and very well might I add. I love the underbelly turret and how you squeezed two chairs side-by-side (though I doubt an actual minifig would have arm space to sit like that). Still, I think it's a little too colourful on the exterior, and perhaps you tried to squeeze too much inside, but it's still very well done.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Legostein » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Hello there,

I am not familiar with neither the original set nor the common modifications. ;) But I really like the 3x3 transparent dishes for the windows of the quad laser turrets. :D You might want to divide the lenghty text on your mocpages article into several small paragraphs. MAkes reading much mor comfortable. :)

Cheers,

~ Chris
Legostein

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:02 pm

Nice mods indeed, althoguh I'm with everyone else on the prong greebling aspect. I like the cockpit mods, so well done there too.
Jake

Postby brownie69yov4 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Hey man great job on the mods- i have been in the process of "flailing" my falcon for over 3 years, since 4504 came out. I am almost done just need to figure out the cockpit connection since Flail took down those directions, i know there is another mod-er out there that also did a great job that put up some instructions but i am stuck with the cockpit connection to the main body, and also the curving hall way right by the cockpit. Can you post links to what pictures or instructions helped you finish this bad boy so i can finally get mine finished? would be greatly appreciated!

Great work

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 am

Firespray

Postby ktonlai » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I was just gonna say, it looked like a MOC ive seen before. So this flail guy set the stage for this kinda millenium falcon modding eh? (pushed back cockpit, turret underneath) i have to admit, i took a few ideas from him to mod my falcon.
ktonlai

Postby AdmiralGrievous » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi!
Thanks for commenting my falcon I've appreciated it!
It took me 2 weeks to mod it :roll: and yes, i also took some ideas from Flail'sfalcon XD
About hte greebling on the two mandibles...I had to do it for make the ship's hull more resistant and for filling the gaps between the mandibles and the main body of the falcon ;) ...honestly I like the range of colors...it is like the movie.
AdmiralGrievous's LEGO STAR WARS web site
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/15554
"Who am I? I am the future!" - General Grievous
"Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit!"-Seneca
AdmiralGrievous

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase