Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SPACE/CAD] Raider Ldraw Files

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SPACE/CAD] Raider Ldraw Files

Postby Turkguy19 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 pm

After being bored today, I decided I wanted to do some building in Ldraw, so, to continue my Battlestar Galactica stuff, I decided to build a Raider. This Raider is not my own design, but rather copied off of Bram's great Raider. Below you can find the files and parts list for the Raider. Overall, this probably took me 6.5-7 hours, including final renders, cleaning up the files, and building it.

MISSING PARTS

MAIN MODELS
To install these, first download them (click the URL, and a download screen will come up). Once downloaded, you will need to place them into your Ldraw parts folder (usually called Parts in the main Ldraw folder in the C drive). Once you have done that, they are installed.If you have MLcad open at the time, you will need to re-scan your parts (file -> scan parts). All download links are from the Ldraw parts library, so they are safe, and do not contain any virus or malware.

50746.dat
61409.dat
43710.dat
43711.dat
60478.dat

SUB MODELS
In order to use a few of the models, you will also need to install sub models. Click the link to download, just like before, but instead of placing them into the Parts file, these will need to be placed in the Ldraw P file (usually called P in the main Ldraw folder on the C drive). Once there, they will be installed, but, again, if you have MLCad open at the time, you will need to re-scan the parts (File -> Scan Parts). All download links are from the Ldraw parts library, so they are safe, and do not contain any virus or malware.

54200.dat
ring2
43710s01.dat <- Must be placed in the s folder in the main parts folder (ldraw -> Parts -> s)

MODELS

PARTS LIST
Main Parts List
(312 individual parts)

FULL CONSTRUCTION
Multi-Part Construction File

Individual Files
Body
Left Wing
Right Wing

To download, just right click -> save as. Then just load them up into MLCad and enjoy! Any problems, let me know.
Last edited by Turkguy19 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turkguy19

Re: [SPACE/CAD] Raider Ldraw Files

Postby Ara » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:12 pm

You WIN, after Bram. :lol:
Ara

Postby Jake » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:00 am

Cor blimey, that was fast! Well done!

Raptor next plsthx? ;)
Jake

Postby Legostein » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:01 am

Great model and also nicely lighted rendering! I sense a strong Galactica fraction forming! ;)

Cheers,

~ Chris
Legostein

Postby Turkguy19 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:04 am

Jake wrote:Cor blimey, that was fast! Well done!

Raptor next plsthx? ;)

If had the Ldraw files for the windshield and some of the other bits, I would try it, but, because they have no Ldraw parts yet, it's useless to even try. :p
Turkguy19

Postby Jake » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 pm

You could maybe request them. I dug up a flickr page here which might interest you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gambort/2907944509/

That was a while ago, but you could always drop him an FM enquiring about the pieces that you need...
Jake

Postby Turkguy19 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 am

Turns out that only the Windscreen doesn't have an LDraw part, the other part that I figured would not be available actually does exist in LDraw, so, who knows, I might attempt the Raptor sometime.

I just realized that I put two pieces on backwords in my original model. The files are fixed now :lol:
Turkguy19

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase