Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Town]The continuing adventures of the square vehicle.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Town]The continuing adventures of the square vehicle.

Postby JPCJedi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:10 am

Update 2010 03 17
Even newer gallery.

So, to my chagrin it was indeed possible to fit those cheeze wedges into the wheel wells on one side only. I like them better than traditional inverted slopes would have looked. I know, they're missing from the inside walls, but I'd have to add two studs to the whole model to fit them in, and it's larger than scale already.

*post from 2010 02 28
--------------------------------------------------------------
You know I forgot I'd posted this here? I was looking for the thread at the old FBTBForums.net!
new gallery
Still a WIP I guess, since I only thinned out the roof. I'll also admit, the removable part of the roof is held together with glue. I didn't have enough 1x8 tiles.
Picture 1
Picture 2
---------------------------------------------------------------
*original post*
Picture 1
Picture 2
[url=www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JPCJedi/ChewebaccaTaxi/taxi09.jpg[/url]Picture 3[/url]
gallery when moderated

I always wanted a LEGO car with seating for five. Even the SUV in the new horse trailer set holds two in a line. Not in my LEGO town.
Last edited by JPCJedi on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Re: [Town]Chewebacca's Taxi

Postby roguebantha » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:56 am

That's impressive getting 5 figures in such a small space.
Can it make point 5 past lightspeed? :lol:
roguebantha

Re: [Town]Chewebacca's Taxi

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:18 am

Well done fitting all those people in there, but I'm not sure about the aesthetics of the car itself. If it's a taxi, add a light on top and some black detailing. Also, on the wheelarches, add a plate on each corner. It should fit, and give more of a curvey feeling to the wheelarches. Also, the roof seems too thick, is all that height really necessary for the people to sit down? If not, slice it thinner. The front could do with sprucing up too. Make the grille black or grey, and add more lights or maybe a bumper.
Jake

Re: [Town] Chewebacca's Taxi

Postby JPCJedi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm

All good critiques of course, but the wheel cowlings won't take any more plates or slopes unless somebody invents the inverted cheese wedge.

The roof is too big for a reason. Well, two reasons: First, this is an LDD design and LDD doesn't have enough yellow pieces to pull off a thinner one; and second, I didn't have enough pieces either.

My forthcoming car designs shall be a little more streamlined.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Postby onions » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:03 pm

You can probably snot an inverted cheese slope in there.

overall, very nice for LDD. I'm sure a final revision of your taxi is going to be much better without the restrictions imposed by LDD. keep us posted, would like to see what you finally end up with.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Zepher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

This is very well done.

It, as Jake said, use the little taxi sign on top, but other than that it looks very good. It does not look to fat for a car that fits five people, which is good with lego, and there is really no weak points. Maybe give it a checkered black and white section where you used those two thin pieces, near the front.

Over all fantastic job!
Zepher

Postby JPCJedi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Bump with update.
Bricklink|Flickr
JPCJedi

Postby fredjh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Is that George sitting in the middle?
fredjh

Postby JPCJedi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, you could call it a young GL.

Technically, it's Talon Karrde, the old boss of Mara Jade. I needed an extra because Luke's off somewhere driving a square Corvette.
Bricklink|Flickr
JPCJedi

Re: [Town]The continuing adventures of the square vehicle.

Postby JPCJedi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Bump with update.
Bricklink|Flickr
JPCJedi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase