Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] SLAVE I SLAVE I

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] SLAVE I SLAVE I

Postby Unsier » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 pm

unsunsunsImage unsunsunsunsunsImage unsunsunsunsunsImage

Gallery when moderated

Hi...it's been a while since the Unsier has built the legos - too much time doing bad things than good things like lego, but I saw a new Slave I set and then I remembered my last version was pretty bad so I decided to build this one. This is the freaking 9th time (old versions) that I've built this ship spanning from when I joined this godly site a few years ago. When going through the old versions and how pathetic some of them are, I'd like to reach out an extended thanks to everyone who told me how bad it was and also everyone who pretended they were OK to look at. There are a few other pictures in the gallery with concealed weapons or whatever the ship has, but these are the beautiful paint-edited images I have to share.

Commmmments.
Unsier

Re: [SW] SLAVE I SLAVE I

Postby Firespray » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:08 pm

It's all kinds of sexy <3 :shock:
Firespray

Postby TheWarrior » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Glorious and amazing on so many levels. Better than TLC
TheWarrior

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Definitely better than the official one. My one critique is that the tail and foot look too long (stretched) in the photo taken from the side ("docked" view).
Blacknight

Postby Cali » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:16 am

I liked the first one better.
Cali

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:56 am

OMFG!!! It's the artist formerly known as Junsier!! And to mark his return he's made a new Slave I that's somehow better than his previous versions!?! :shock: :O
Unsier wrote:This is the freaking 9th time that I've built this ship.

That's what I love about you, Unsier. You never settle for what you've got. You continually improve your creations long after everybody else thinks they're great. You're chasing an elusive "perfect creation" and dang it all if you're not slowly getting there. How you managed to improve on your old model, I'll never know, but this one is definately better. Somehow, though, I think you'll make a 10th version, if for no other reason than to make it an even number. ;)

I've criticized some of your past models for various reasons, but you've managed to fix all of the things that I've ever taken issue with. The overall shape is downright perfect and the back no longer sucks as it did in past models. I really like the new brick built "wings" (or whatever they're called) that are completely blowing my mind right now.

It's good to have you back, Unsier. There's been a serious lack of Boba Fett-ness on these boards in your absence. I'm hoping you'll bring it back the way Justin Timberlake brought back Stupid.

Oh, and is the title of this thread a reference to a certain bit about a certain microwavable product by one Jim Gaffigan?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 am

I don't even know anymore...

'Unsier' you are simply inspirational. The ship is beautiful.
fallenangel327

Postby monkeyhand » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 pm

That is really cool. Great job keeping it interesting especially on the back/bottom side . I can't see your older versions as the link says the folder isn't public. I'd like to see the evolution. thx
monkeyhand

Postby Jargon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 pm

It wouldn't be Junsier if it wasn't edited in Paint.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Unsier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

I think the Brickshelf galleries should be public now unless I add some more pictures which will probably take too much effort so probably won't happen.

@ Jude - thanks for the fat paragraphy! but the title was just a typing error or I was really hy per whilst it was being typed. No reference intended.
@ Jargon - good to have you back - we just need Logan and the old crew is complete. And of course, MS Paint is eternal in my heart.
Unsier

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase