Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space] Longsword from Halo

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space] Longsword from Halo

Postby Ty55 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:23 am

Ty55

Re: [Space] Longsword from Halo

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:39 am

I really like your intake design, but the wings need to be longer. Also, use DkBley again. I'm not a fan of the nose, but the cockpit area does look like a strange design. Maybe use washing machine/headlight bricks with cheese slopes on them to achieve the correct look. You might also want to trim the tail too, it looks a little big.
Jake

Re: [Space] Longsword from Halo

Postby Galagoo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:43 am

After all the sleek SNOT MOCs, seeing studs in this scale is a bit odd, but I like it nevertheless.
The shape is great, although not perfect; the top fin looks a tad too large and the flaps on the wings are somewhat inaccurate. The black colour works well (dark bley might be better, though), it looks like highlights in some other colours wouldn't even look that good.

There are some things that could be improved. First of all, the cockpit, especially the gap in it. Making the cockpit sleeker and filling the gap wouldn't be bad ideas at all, I think.
Secondly, the craft looks quite plain. The original model is not very detailed, so therefore the plainness is even accurate, but I think some brick-made texture here and there on the body might look good. Some greebling where the body and the wings join, for example.
Galagoo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase