Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Mecha] [Les Franks] La Mecha De Francais

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Mecha] [Les Franks] La Mecha De Francais

Postby Zepher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 am

Since this site requires a different picture size then other sites I'm a member of, I'm just going to give you an over all picture:

More pictures can be fround here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/99200

Please don't ignore me just becuase I linked! View at least a few of the other pictures, and give me some feed back!

Thanks so much!

-Zeph
Zepher

Re: [Mecha] [Les Franks] La Mecha De Francais

Postby Veers » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 am

This thing could use some serious polishing. The thing that most needs to be fixed are the legs though. They seem far too skinny to support the frame you've put on top of them. Second, they're too close together. I would suggest using somehting other than exo-force parts to make joints, as well.

Other than that, it looks good. Is this your first Mecha?
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm

C'est tres unusual... My main complaint is that it's armed, and does not appear to have surrendered yet. I kid, I kid.

No, I have to agree with Veers. While the concept seems good, the design itself is somewhat lacking. The unorthodox leg design makes me think you were going for reverse-knee'd/chicken, but it's standing tall. Unfortunately, the arms make me think gorilla. Much too long, much too bulky. I like the cockpit however, although the things on top don't fit.

So, take a look at the old EF mechs to see how LEGO does it, or mecha hub to see how AFOLs do it, and go from there. Sorry I can't be more positive about it, but it's a bit of a mess right now...
Jake

Postby Zepher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Is cool.

I agree that the legs are wierd and awkward, but i meant them to be. And they couldn't really work any other way ;)

And, though I agree the legs are fairly sucky, I like the arms. That's just my thoughts though, and I'm the creator.

Hell, I'm just happy on FBTB took time to comment on one of my MOCs.
Zepher

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase