Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars EU] Outrider

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars EU] Outrider

Postby skyline » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am

Hello everyone, this is my first Star Wars MOC since 2001. It is a little crude and is a WIP. I am looking forward to constructive critism so I can make one of my favorite ships from the Star Wars universe even better.

Here is a link to my photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35456074@N06/
skyline

Re: [Star Wars EU] Outrider

Postby Joedward » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:40 am

So far I think you've got the start of a truly fantastic model. The shape looks just about spot on, but there are a few things that do leap out and scream change.
I think that canopy piece has very few uses outside of the Ep III Jedi fighter, considering it's shape I just don't think it fits here.
Where you've covered all the click hinges around the outside in tiles looks okay, but the Outrider was as much a hunk of junk as the Falcon was, I think it could benefit from 1x1 studs, clips, bars and hoses, just to give it some sort of greebly, roughed up look. (but don't go too over the top and add too much)
Lastly, the straight of the 2 prongs that connect to the cockpit seems a tad too thin, but I'm not sure of the best way to fix that.
Otherwise it's brilliant so far, I like the top mounted turrets (does it swivel?) and the Dash you created is a really good use of other minifigure's parts.

Can't wait to see more of this.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby roguebantha » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Very impressive, the shape is great and unlike Joedward I thing the cockpit works :p
The ship does have that bulb shape and it looks good in this scale.
But I do agree that more detailing is needed, for example to make the prongs a little wider and at interest build in something like this or this and add some plates/grills/tiles etc.
roguebantha

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Looks good so far, but it does need MOAR GREEBLZ. Aside from that, the rear looks a bit off, it needs to be rounder on the cockpit side. I agree that the JSF canopy works well, but it does screw with the sense of scale somewhat... Can you fit 2 figs side by side in it? Anyway, it looks good so far, keep us updated!
Jake

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase