Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STEAMPUNK] Lord Chesterfield's Speedier Bike

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STEAMPUNK] Lord Chesterfield's Speedier Bike

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Lord Chesterfield wanted a quicker way to zip around the cobblestones of Olde London Town, so he tasked his put-apon Chinese assistant with building him a 'Speedier Bike'. The result: Chesterfield's favourite red bicycle with fireworks bolted onto it.

Just some tablescraps (well, floorscraps really). Not sure this is completely 'Steampunk', due the the lack of steam-power. However, it has tweed, wackiness and a mysterious Oriental assistant with a hook for a hand, so I figure it counts. Perhaps there are alternate genres? Bicyclepunk? Fireworkpunk? That-screaming-face-that-Rocko-loves-so-much-punk? ;)
The Jinja Ninja

Re: [STEAMPUNK] Lord Chesterfield's Speedier Bike

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Haha, very simple, but very funny. Those crazy victorians!
Jake

Postby Zepher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Lord Chesterfield? Hm....

Very wierd and simple, but still funny! Good work man!
Zepher

Postby Masta' Bo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm not exactly sure if it's steampunk, but I'm likin' it nonetheless. It's simple, effective, and fun[ny]. I love the torch also. Good design imo. One thing I would change is the fireworks. The colors on it need to be more bombastic/contrasting: may I suggest making them multicolor blue and gold/yellow? Do whatever, I don't care, but nice job anyways. :)
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:43 am

Heh, you've got a point about the fireworks. I just grabbed the ones from the old Adventurers Dragon Fortress set.
The Jinja Ninja

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase