Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Tantive IV

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Tantive IV

Postby tylerguy2004 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 am

I know its been done many times before, but I've been wanting to do my own Tantive IV for ages.
Let me know what you think, all comments gratefully recieved :) The things I would change are - re-thinking the control room, and maybe making the 'back corridors' (Where Leia meets Artoo) a bit more accessable for photos.

Loads more pictures here

Thanks,

tylerguy2004
Last edited by tylerguy2004 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
tylerguy2004

Re: [STAR WARS] Tantive IV

Postby Joedward » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 am

I am extremely impressed. This is a fantastic little set piece.
The only thing I think is slightly off is location of where Vader is choking the poor Captain. Other than that, I absolutely love this. It's accurate, the details are where they're needed, the pictures are good quality and your Snowspeeder crash is amazing.
Great work
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby tylerguy2004 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:40 am

Joedward wrote:I am extremely impressed. This is a fantastic little set piece.
The only thing I think is slightly off is location of where Vader is choking the poor Captain. Other than that, I absolutely love this. It's accurate, the details are where they're needed, the pictures are good quality and your Snowspeeder crash is amazing.
Great work

Thanks, yep the control room is in a slightly weird place, but there is only so much room on a 48 x 48 baseplate and I was going for the 'feel' and impression of the ship, rather than an accurate deckplan :) Thanks again for commenting, glad you like my stuff :D
tylerguy2004

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 am

Wow, I thought it was going to be only a little strip of hallway (which still would've been good) but it's a whole corridor, and you can even see down another hallway! This is great, top-notch stuff.
AlternativeRadio

Postby roguebantha » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 am

That's some nice work. Just don't tear this ship apart.
roguebantha

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:42 am

I'm very impressed. Yes, this has been done many times before, but we always welcome everyone's depiction of the famous and completely awesome scene. Nice work :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Chaotic Good » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I concur with everyone else. This is one MOC which makes whoever sees it go 'wow'.

And I see you've got some Little Armory Fleet blasters. Great little things. ;)
The clocks were striking thirteen..
Flickr
Chaotic Good

Postby JPCJedi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Yes, it's very awesome. Y'know, it's funny--dioramas of this magnitude have been done by legends like ACPin, PepaQuin, Sean Kenney, etc. It makes me wonder if we no longer give Star Wars dio's the credit they're due. Something this good stands tall among those great achievements.

This diorama is uniquely excellent as far as I'm concerned, because it's built like a movie set. You have all the essential scenery, backgrounds, and camera angles and it all fits in a relatively compact square.

And those doorway arches, those are the best.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Postby R2 Lou2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 am

This is great. You have a great building style. The photos are very good and i have no problem with the non purist approach you've used to get the right visual results. Top build.
R2 Lou2

Postby Clonecommando007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

Vignettes of this scene from star wars are always fun. You've captured much more of the detail than many others though, great work on the door and the entire scene!
Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild - http://www.TheCABG.net
Clonecommando007

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Excellent capture of an iconic scene, As Ed says, that's the only niggle, but the res is fantastic. You've really captured the aesthetics of that ship design and scene. Well done!
Jake

Postby tylerguy2004 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:58 pm

JPCJedi wrote:Yes, it's very awesome. Y'know, it's funny--dioramas of this magnitude have been done by legends like ACPin, PepaQuin, Sean Kenney, etc. It makes me wonder if we no longer give Star Wars dio's the credit they're due. Something this good stands tall among those great achievements.

This diorama is uniquely excellent as far as I'm concerned, because it's built like a movie set. You have all the essential scenery, backgrounds, and camera angles and it all fits in a relatively compact square.

And those doorway arches, those are the best.

Well, actually some of the credit for those arches has to go to ACpin, he inspired them with his own airlock design. I'm not sure they are exactly the same, because I didn't need opening and closing doors etc so I didn't bother trying to figure that out - but they are close( or as close as I could get them!)
tylerguy2004

Postby bigkid24 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 pm

That's a great diorama. And your pics really show it off. I like the little addition of Leia and R2 hiding out.
bigkid24

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 pm

roguebantha wrote:That's some nice work. Just don't tear this ship apart.

Not even to find those plans.

This looks very good. Kudos.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase