Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars] Christmasification Vig contest entry

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars] Christmasification Vig contest entry

Postby Joedward » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:47 pm

So I'm a couple of months late in posting this, which sucks considering I had this built within half an hour of seeing the post announcing the contest, but at the time though I didn't have a camera available to take pics. So here it is now...

Image Image Image Image Image
Vader's supposed to be using the Force to keep the rebel up top.

Larry Lars deservedly won anyway, but here we go, I did get 'round to it at last. C&CC welcome.
XD
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Re: [Star Wars] Christmasification Vig contest entry

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Better late than never, I guess... ;)

It's a fun little vig, and the rebel angel figurehead is cool, but the tree itself looks a bit messy. I know that you designed it like that, but the symmetry-loving perfectionist in me doesn't like it. Regardless of my whims, it's still good.
Jake

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

That angel looks PO'd. I however like the tree, but everyone has their opinions.
AlternativeRadio

Postby Galagoo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 am

A nice little vig indeed; the rebel angel idea is great.
I like it - and the fir, especially the messy look of it. However, I think it might've looked more solid, perhaps even better, if you had used bricks instead of the palm tree leaves.

Some tech greebles on the floor would've been a nice touch, although the scene looks good without them, too.
Galagoo

Postby Tohst » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am

Joedward wrote:So I'm a couple of months late in posting this, which sucks considering I had this built within half an hour of seeing the post announcing the contest, but at the time though I didn't have a camera available to take pics. So here it is now...

Larry Lars deservedly won anyway, but here we go, I did get 'round to it at last. C&CC welcome.
XD

I like the tree. I wouldn't have thought mixing the leaves and regular bricks like that would work so well.

Is there a mini-fig face with crossed eyes and a tongue hanging out to really show what vader is doing to the angel? ;-)

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase