Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Republic Outpost on Hoth

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Republic Outpost on Hoth

Postby NerdFighter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 am

Inspired by the Clone Wars episode called Trespass, I decided to build a MOC with the goal of building "Echo Base, as built by the Republic". I also wanted to build a MOC with a moving door function. In this creation, the two black gears on the inside of the base move the door.

Brickshelf Gallery

I'm sorry about the dark photography, but it's too cold to go outside and take brighter photos.
NerdFighter

Re: [STAR WARS] Republic Outpost on Hoth

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:18 am

I like it! I suggest putting more detail outside with the droids and snow instead of them all just standing in the same direction in the same pose. Same goes for the clones, it would be cooler if they were all in different poses and positions instead of all aiming in the same exact position.
AlternativeRadio

Postby NerdFighter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:40 am

AlternativeRadio wrote:I like it! I suggest putting more detail outside with the droids and snow instead of them all just standing in the same direction in the same pose. Same goes for the clones, it would be cooler if they were all in different poses and positions instead of all aiming in the same exact position.

Thanks! I kind of threw the minifigures on there this morning without really thinking about it, and looking back I should have put more thought into their poses. Maybe I'll take some more photos.
NerdFighter

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Cool idea :O . The only suggestion I have would to have a liitle more interior detailing if your up to the task. You could possibly make a little command post/area inside, which would look great in my opinion.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby huck to flat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

hey,

it's really got the makings for an awesome dio, i really ike the snow on the rock, and the use of old grey and new grey in the door. as said above, maybe more detailing inside, and a jedi, if you have the parts, you could mabye make more droid's, or turn the whole thing into a attle scene! :D :D
"show me how to lie, im getting better all the time..."
huck to flat

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Very impressive, the snowscaping around the front of the hangar doors is nice, and interior, though simple, works nicely. I like the M8 droid hiding in the corner. :lol:

However, what's the point of the big pointy rock? I don't feel that it adds to the scene much...
Jake

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 pm

That's really good, but would benefit fro more action instead of everyone standing around like that. And I didn't' even catch the M8 there until Jake mentioned it. Little bugger is in stealth mode!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby NerdFighter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 pm

By popular demand, I decided to add a little bit of action.

NerdFighter

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:22 pm

:lol: Well played sir.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase