Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Star Wars/Space] The Scorpion (A "Force Master" MOC)

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Star Wars/Space] The Scorpion (A "Force Master" MOC)

Postby Jon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Well, first time posting on this new forum. :D

I used to be Force Master on the old forums if anyone remembers. Now I'm simply Jon.

It's been a while since I've touched my Lego, but after school finished, I had the urge.

Here's my latest creation, The Scorpion!

Brickshelf Gallery

Comments most welcome! :)

(BTW, I'm LOVING the new Lego emoticons. It's something I've wanted in the old forums for a long time. I'd use four of em' right now if it didn't look noobish.)
Jon

Re: [Star Wars/Space] The Scorpion (A "Force Master" MOC)

Postby SuperDave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Very nice- some great work with paneling and snot.
SuperDave

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Very cool snot indeed. I like that printed slope on the weapons, gives it a nice touch. I love the snot on the engines especially, and the intakes, are very nice as well. Maybe you could accent it with secondary color? Either way very nicely done.
Blackninjatom

Postby Galagoo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:19 am

The shape and design - the wings and the slot on the nose, for instance - are rather brilliant, and the greeblings look really good. Most impressive work, that's the largest starfighter I've seen in a while.
One migth call the colour scheme a bit dull, it consisting onl of light and dark grey, but it works quite finely.

Nice cockpit, by the way. Where's the steering pad brick from?
Galagoo

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

Blackninjatom: I was thinking of adding dark red, but instead I was lazy and didn't do it.

Galagoo: Honestly, I have no idea where that steering brick is from. I simply saw it on bricklink and bought it.

Update on the status of the ship: Destroyed for parts for a model I think many of you will like. :)
Jon

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Oh, you're THAT Force Master! :lol: My brain was inexplicably associating that name with someone else, not entirely sure who, but someone that apparently left a bad impression on me. Glad I clicked through and proved my brain wrong.

That being said, I've always enjoyed your "embrace the studs" style and the consistency to your builds... but man, this one is amazing. Way to raise the bar on yourself. Great shapes everywhere, love the spoiler, all around well thought out goodness.

Glad to see you around again.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 am

Don, I was hoping to hear from you! :D

Thanks for the compliments, it means a lot.
Jon

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Jon!

I totally agree with Don here. Although you are consistent in your building style, your building techniques seem to be improving with each model, and the complexity of your builds just seems to increase all the time.

I said it before and I'll say it again : you have an unique style of your own, and your creations are always a pleasure to view (at least, IMHO).

Welcome back! :D
Daz Hoo

Postby Jon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 am

Haha, it's Daz Hoo! :D

It's awesome to hear from you (I've always enjoyed reading your posts on people's MOC's). Thanks for dropping by.
Jon

Postby ObiWen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Wow, I'm really impressed by this! I absolutely love the details in the rear of the cockpit - great MOC! :)

~ObiWen
ObiWen

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase