Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Luke's Landspeeder

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Luke's Landspeeder

Postby Larry Lars » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

The landspeeder I built for the Christmasification Contest is sligthly updated and ready to go.
This multi view picture shows among other things that it is more to scale with the original vehicle than what would be considered to be minifig scale.
Minifig scale is allways a tricky thing and in this case the part usage dictaded the scale really. If I make more versions of this MOC I would like to see if it's possable to make it more to fig scale without losing the similarity to the original landspeeder.

Comments on this version as well as suggestions on a smaller rendition are most welcome.
Last edited by Larry Lars on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Lars

Re: [STAR WARS] Luke's Landspeeder

Postby Andi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 am

That looks awesome!
And an interesting choice of parts.
What is this front part? Is it already that round or did you do this?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Big C » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:03 am

I <3 this so freakin' bad. Who knew someone could make one of the most mundane vehicles in SW canon look so FREAKIN' AWESOME?
Big C

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:06 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Using those Rahkshii backs on the nose is just genius! The attention to detail on the damaged engine and the near-exact scale accuracy is phenominal. Well played sir, well played.
Jake

Postby roguebantha » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:27 pm

The scale works for me! I think the problem is it's minifig wide scale if not minifig high scale. I think getting 2 figures side by side would be the problem of getting it smaller.
I really like it as it is, I can see putting C-3PO and R2 on the back would work well.
The only thing that's not perfect is also one of the cleverist features; the Rahkshii backs bother me being a tiny bit higher than the main body and having the stud holes at the front. That said the hose between them is awesome :D
roguebantha

Postby Buster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:13 pm

This thing is quite awesome in many ways.
Regarding the comment about this being one of the most mundane vehicles- mundane in purpose perhaps, but certainly not mundane in appearance, I've always thought Luke's Landspeeder was quite a striking vehicle, and this moc really captures that.
I agree about mini-fig scale being tricky... it is sort of open to interpretation.
My Brickshelf

"We will burn the starless night, the truth will ring through depths of twilight"
-Brave Saint Saturn
Buster

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow, I'm very impressed with what you've done. As with many MOCs, it is way better than the lego version in my opinion. The scale is great, and I love how you built the engines. Well done.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Teekay » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Larry Lars, you should stop being so cool. Geez. You're making the rest of us feel inferior. :p

Seriously, this is amazing! Who knew that such a crude vehicle could look so awesome?
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Iare Tosevite » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 pm

XD NICE!!! I love it!
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Ahhh! You nearly killed me of a win overdose. This continues your winning streak of creatively inventive models based on actual film vehicles. We all love your many speeder bike and AT-RT incarnations, but for me this takes the proverbial cake. You've used all the right (and the most unusual!) pieces in all the right places, making this look lovely. This, my friends, is awesome many times over. However, I do remember the landspeeder being a little more reddish in parts.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Veers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 am

Bionicle front = win.
You really have made one of the least interesting vehicles of the SW universe look amazing.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Joedward » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 am

You have a true mastery of such minifig scale MOCs, it's great seeing the ones you've come up with and how you've tinkered with them. I voted for this in the contest, and it seems to get better looking every time I see it. I'm incredibly tempted to ask for instructions and then order the pieces of BL.
Fantastic work Larry
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby GMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 pm

There are some SW vehicles that seem as if they were designed with the idea in mind of being fun to build in Lego some day. If this isn't one of them, you've done a fantastic job arguing otherwise. Using the silver hose to fill up the visual space that the Rahkshi backs don't cover was a clever idea, just like using the lever pieces to add detail to the turbines. I can't really find anything wrong with this besides the gaps that the sloped car hood piece creates, and half of me just thinks that makes it more interesting.
GMan

Postby iLike Lego » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Ah-maiz-ing!
iLike Lego

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase