Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAR/CAD] Dodge Viper GTS-R concept

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[CAR/CAD] Dodge Viper GTS-R concept

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Although this concept car is circa 1999ish, I always remember the first time I saw it, back when I was a youngster(er), in a new book I got full of sportscars and supercars since the dawn of time. I marvelled over all the cars, but this viper concept struck me. So I LDD'd it, in 8 wide, to complement the yellow and green creator cars. Voila:

Image | Image | Image | Image

Enjoy, comments are welcomed!
Jake

Re: [CAR/CAD] Dodge Viper GTS-R concept

Postby Memory » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Nifty little build- also cool that you added opening doors. I wonder about the black parts on the front though- aren't those supposed to be headlights?
"That guitar belongs to Peter Frampton!"
"Peter Frampton is dead and so are all of his grandchildren!"
"Then it belongs in a museum!"
"DR. JONES SIT DOWN!"
Memory

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am

They are headlights, but for the fact on some pics I saw of the concept, they were either blacked out or lime green. Besides, with LDD, putting TrClr plates directly onto red makes them look almost TrRed. Thanks for commenting though! :)
Jake

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:51 am

Nice build, Jake. While we're on the subject of headlights, what about using those 1x1 flat-top wedges instead of the 1x1 studded plates for headlights? It would flow with the shape of the hood much better, wouldn't it?
knapplc

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase