Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space] By way of introduction...

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space] By way of introduction...

Postby Buster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 am

I was finally drawn in by the redesigned site. Nicely Done! I've always been a Star Wars Lego fan since the first sets came out in 1999, but for some reason I never got in on the action here. The new layout made it hard to resist.
I've been active online for about 2 years, so some of you may recognize me from CSF or Flickr or Builders Lounge or maybe even MOCpages, but I might be new to a few others, so here's a sampling of my work by way of introduction...

A few of the little starships that I like to call "swoosh fighters" :

And Space Action Hero on one of his various adventures:

I'll post some more MOCs as I build them or as I see fit, but feel free to browse my Flickr photostream or my Brickshelf folders and let me know what you think (on brickshelf, the "Space Creations" folder is where most of the action happens). I'll look forward to watching out for the cool stuff everyone else creates as well.

Thanks!
Rodney Bistline
aka "Buster" aka "BusterBuilder"
Last edited by Buster on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Brickshelf

"We will burn the starless night, the truth will ring through depths of twilight"
-Brave Saint Saturn
Buster

Re: By way of introduction...

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 am

Great stuff! I knew I recognised the name, I have you as a contact on Flickr (I'm J4ke there), and I love your ships. It's also fun to watch space action hero in whatever perilous spot he's in.

Oh, maybe in your title, change it to something like "[SPACE] By way of introduction..." I think the staff would prefer it like that so everyone can easily tell the genre.

Anyway, nice to have you on FBTB! :)
Jake

Re: [Space] By way of introduction...

Postby Firespray » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Firespray

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:15 pm

These are all really great. Nice shape, nice colors. Can't wait to see more.
Jay

Postby Joedward » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:47 am

These are all extremely good looking ships. I can't really find anyhting in particular to complain about, but just say, keep experimenting with shape and colour and you'll come out with more winners. Brilliant stuff.
And I added you on flickr (Wallopy Joe there)
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Buster » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks everyone so far for taking a look!
My Brickshelf

"We will burn the starless night, the truth will ring through depths of twilight"
-Brave Saint Saturn
Buster

Re:

Postby Zepher » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Jay wrote:These are all really great. Nice shape, nice colors. Can't wait to see more.

Basically agreeing with Jay! Fantastic shape and coloring. The middle one is also my favorite.

I remember seeing the scene on The Borther's Brick a while back! Nice work all around!
Zepher

Postby Veers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 am

Very nice! That goes for all of your Space Action Hero stuff. I still wonder how he gets out of them all!
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase