Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Batman]The Batmobile

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Batman]The Batmobile

Postby Flynn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:32 pm

As much as I tried to make my last Batmobile movie accurate, I really didn't succeed in doing that, as only the Batmissile itself looked anything like its movie counterpart. So, I recently rebuilt the car and modified it to better represent the 1989 Batmobile- And here it is.

As you can see, the sides were completely redesigned, now being a tad bit thinner and more brick-based than the last. This version also features the Batmissile:

Not a lot of changes here except a new front design.

The rest of it can be seen on my Flickr and Brickshelf.
Comments and criticism are always welcome! :)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: [Batman]The Batmobile

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

I like it, it looks pretty good and shares a fair resemblance with the TIm Burton movie version. However, I can't help but feel that it's more blocky than it should be, as that Batmobile was mostly characterised by its sleek and curvy shape. I understand that you may have been lacking in parts, so I won't call you out too much on that. The Batmissile (as much as I dislike the idea of one anyway) looks remarkably like in the film, though!
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Flynn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:09 pm

You're absolutely right on the blockiness. I tried to implement some of the curved slopes a couple days ago, but I wasn't able to put them in properly without shrinking the wheel size down, which I don't want to do. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it less blocky?

Oh, I also improved the back of the car when I was working on it. Pics to come sometime tomorrow morning.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Flynn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Here's a pic of the updated back. It's not a big change, really, just a couple slope bricks added, but it really gives a much better look to the back area.

Yeah, I kinda butchered the tail there when I edited out the background. :x

I also noticed a big flaw in the Batmissile's design, which is unfortunately a mistake I've made before. The Batmissile is four studs wide, 2 studs occupied by walls. I can't just make the walls paneled, because that doesn't make it any easier to get Batman in and out of there. Any suggestions on how to make it so he could easily fit in there?

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase