Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Han and friends build the Falcon

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Han and friends build the Falcon

Postby Swaffman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I was lucky enough to get hold of a 10179 lego Falcon - but decided to let Han and his mates build it. Hope you enjoy :)
Swaffman

Re: Han and friends build the Falcon

Postby sparkart » Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 am

Crazy! :lol:

To me, it was a little jarring to hear the Blue Danube, so closely associated with 2001: A Space Odyssey, but it does work with the video. Nice.
sparkart

Postby banthafodder » Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 am

That's a lot of time on that. Great job. Love the extra vehicles used. Would like to have seen some joy ridin' droid antics afterwards.
banthafodder

Postby Swaffman » Fri May 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks guys! Yes, Blue Danube just ... worked. No other piece seemed to work (other than SW music which is of course under copyright). It took about 4 months of evenings and weekends - and around 8000 frames - to complete. I've learnt a lot (it was my first real attempt) and am contemplating something similar for the new sandcrawler. Love the joyriding droids suggestion - please (anyone) do let me know any tips or tricks for my next project!
Swaffman

Postby Dario Del Frate » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 am

Swaffman! This video sould reach one million views! It is amazing!!! A M A Z I N G. Very cinematic and realistic, engineering-wise! I am huge fan of the Falcon, MOCd my own model but to see your video makes me feel again I want 10179! Looking forward to see he new crawler.... I can guess who will be building it ; )) Great job, worth the months you spent!!
Dario Del Frate

Postby markus1984 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:00 am

Absolut stunning!!!
What i can say more to this great vido?!
Really amazing job and i think you have to much time XD .

markus
markus1984

Postby minitrue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Very impressive, sir. It is so hard to keep track of that many moving pieces at a time. Excellent job!
minitrue

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase