Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Jabba lives...

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Jabba lives...

Postby sparkart » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 am

...for REVENGE!

Jabba lives... by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Jabba was not killed by Princess Leia, but merely put into a catatonic state from which he quickly regained consciousness. He suffered major injuries in his escape from the exploding sail barge. During his lengthy recovery and rehabilitation, Jabba lost almost all control of his criminal empire. He lives now, unfavored in the Hutt community, in self-exile, planning his ultimate revenge against Solo and his friends.

A cyborg Hutt was something I considered for last year's MOC Madness. But I figured it would be too much trouble to try to fit a figure this size into cockpits. I thought this cyborg could be a younger Hutt, a bounty hunter, but Jabba is so recognizable, and the back-story just writes itself, so, this IS Jabba the Hutt. As he will appear in the next trilogy? ;) :facepalm:
sparkart

Re: [SW] Jabba lives...

Postby banthafodder » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Very creative. I like the story but for some reason I keep seeing Fred Mertz. Always enjoy what you put together
banthafodder

Postby RfAurora » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Very nice use of the new Jabba. He reminds me of Fishlegs from the new TMNT series.
RfAurora

Postby tekkamanraiden » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Well that does make more sense than Darth Maul.
tekkamanraiden

Postby lowlead » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:07 am

HAAA!

Well, Jabba is looking downright svelte!

Love the blaster on his side...back to bounty huntin'!
lowlead

Postby sparkart » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks for checking him out, guys. He's got two blaster rifles slung on both sides of this cybernetic body, to better suit his more action-oriented hands-on pursuits, nowadays. In the movies in my mind, I cast him more like a Marvel Kingpin character, having to work his way back up. When he tumbled from his throne, he took down many names for payback.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase