Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Xenomurphy's Battle Above The Bugle

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Xenomurphy's Battle Above The Bugle

Postby Staff » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 am

Spider-Man vs. Vulture - Main

I sat on this one for a couple of days to let Ace's Toy Fair coverage soak up some much deserved attention, but I can't stands no more! Xenomurphy is at it again with this gigantic Spider-man themed vig of a battle on the rooftop of the Daily Bugle. The attention to detail and scale is exactly what I've come to expect from this builder and as much as I love the custom figs he's created, the real crown jewel here is his excellent font work.

Spider-Man vs. Vulture - Scarlet Spider FightScarlet Spider 01

He may not have made the custom Scarlet Spider fig himself, but his addition of the painted Wyldstyle hoodie is what sets it apart. The fact that Ben Reilly's outcast outfit is a favourite of mine goes a long way to me ignoring the custom aspect. Xenomurphy has quickly become one of the builders I anxiously await the next build from.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/18/xenomurphys-battle-above-the-bugle/
Staff

Re: Xenomurphy's Battle Above The Bugle

Postby minitrue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

Absolutely incredible!
minitrue

Postby Zrath » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm

"Spaider-man"? Really?
Zrath

Postby gomek » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Similar to the 'Clone Wars' I try to pretend the 'Clone Saga' doesn't exist, that being said, a really nice model here.

Do we know what pieces are being used for vultures wings? Also, I thought he had white wings. Are they green in the books now? I don't follow like I used to.
gomek

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:42 pm

gomek wrote:Similar to the 'Clone Wars' I try to pretend the 'Clone Saga' doesn't exist, that being said, a really nice model here.

Do we know what pieces are being used for vultures wings? Also, I thought he had white wings. Are they green in the books now? I don't follow like I used to.

I think they've always been green. In the main continuity at least, but designs vary from artist to artist.
CaptainFordo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase