Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Spotlight: Star Wars Planets Mobile

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

MOC Spotlight: Star Wars Planets Mobile

Postby Staff » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:29 am

I'm super jealous flickr user goatman461's kid, who gets to enjoy this superad Star Wars Planets mobile every time he or she gets a diaper change.

Lego Star Wars Planet Series Mobile

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/09/moc-spotlight-star-wars-planets-mobile/
Staff

Re: MOC Spotlight: Star Wars Planets Mobile

Postby goatman461 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Chief. Baby Rex does get mesmerized by the mobile.

FYI: In case anyone is wondering, the chalk board in the back says "Always be yourself ... unless you can be the Batman ... then always be the Batman" and the drawing is of the Batman riding a T-Rex.
goatman461

Postby unmovedmover » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Goatman, how are the models put together? Did you glue them or not? Thinking of adapting this idea to a crib and trying to figure out what to do.
unmovedmover

Postby goatman461 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:01 pm

No glue on the bricks, just fishing line. The top is made of wire hangers and I did hot glue the middle to keep them in place better. I'd be very weary of putting legos over the crib unless they are all super-glued together, too many little pieces to fret over. It's also surprisingly heavy.

I started with bending/cutting the wire hangers to pair the outer rim planets to the central ones. Then I hung the outer rim planets and used longer line as I went to give it that spiral effect. The planets are full of pennies to balance them out.

The ships I just fit in where I could. I've got a y-wing to add now and I've been unsuccessfully trying to build a mini-scale medical frigate. I'm also keeping an eye out for the last 3 planet series at a reasonable price. I might do a parallel spiral with those.
goatman461

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase