Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lars' DeLorean

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Lars' DeLorean

Postby Staff » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

DeLorean Open Door

It's been a while since we've featured a MOC from Larry Lars so I'm more than thrilled to be reporting on this one. I was linked to his teaser shots before the weekend and now it seems he's completed his own Back To The Future DeLorean Time Machine. He has nailed the look at an almost impossible scale. There are tons of details that make you wish there were more than the four pictures in his photostream. All that's missing is some of the sweet printed tiles of the dashboard and the flux capacitor from the upcoming official LEGO CUUSOO set to make it, in my opinion, one of if not the best DeLorean MOCs out there. If he decides to make a kit, sign me up. Heck, I'd take even just the instructions and source the parts myself to recreate this bad boy. I'd love to do a side by side comparison with 21103 Back to the Future Time Machine when it's finally released in mid-July.

DeLorean - Side View
DeLorean - Top View
DeLorean Time Machine

Thanks to Firespray for keeping me updated.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/06/30/lars-delorean/
Staff

Re: Lars' DeLorean

Postby etcknight » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Holy cow! That's awesome sauce. Not sure why the front and back wheels are different? Like the creative whip use. I'd definitely buy this as a Lego set! :cool:
etcknight

Postby Firespray » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Me gusta.
Firespray

Postby sparkart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm

I am totally convinced that if this model car is pushed along at about 2.2 MPH, the scale speed of 88 MPH, it will set the floor on fire, and travel through time.
sparkart

Postby Larry Lars » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm glad to hear that you liked my Delorean. It was a pretty fast and a very fun build. Maybe you can guess that I'm working on the flying version right now.

etcknight wrote:Not sure why the front and back wheels are different?

In the movies and in real life the DeLorean sports car is equipped with bigger and wider rear wheels. It gives it the slightly forward leaning "speedy" look and I wanted to have some of that for this model. These two types of Lego tyre are different enough and at the same time lets me keep the same measurements for everything else involved.
Larry Lars

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase